well bleah, thanks to the bureaucracy of my school and MFA program and my new intolerance for workshop classes, i will be staying another semester. the chain of circumstances:
- new intolerance for workshop classes evolves. hrm. suddenly cannot deal with ruminating about a work in progress anymore, nor can i deal with the insincerity of feedback. bleah.
- decide to drop workshop.
- but what will i do? this is my last semester, i need to add a graded elective to fulfill my degree credits and graduate.
- ah. will add this other class that i’ve already been enrolled in, and just not taking for credit. take THAT as my elective. yup.
- shit. i petitioned for it and the committee (there is a COMMITTEE for this? gimme a break! i suddenly miss UC Berkeley and its “who gives a damn” attitude)–anyway, the committee rejects my petition. tells me to take the class as some weird pass/no pass option thingie.
- bleah. still want to drop workshop class.
- going to drop workshop class, which will bring me under units.
- which means i will be taking one class next semester (one okay thing is that this will not cost me more money–going down to 1 unit this semester takes me to part-time tuition…and so it will be the same amount of money spent).
- result: going to still be in my MFA program.
- Call me Van Wilder.
Cool thing: won’t be taking workshop. I’m free!