From A Delicate Balance…
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope–though my father claims my Korean middle name is a “literature name.” So perhaps he named me the equivalent of “Bronte” or “Desdemona.”
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? I don’t remember, but I know it was this year, within the last few months. You’d think this means I don’t cry much. That’s not true. I just don’t remember bad sh*t.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I kind of do. It’s not particularly beautiful or even legible, but when I look at it, it feels highly personal. That kind of connection to the literal written word is kind of cool.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Roast beef, I guess.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? No.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I am really not quite sure. It depends on the kind of person I would be, if I were “another person.” If I were exactly LIKE me, I’d probably be friends with myself–we all seek our mirrors. (Imagine the dialogue–“Me too!” “Me too!” “Me too!”)
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Not a lot.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Yup.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nope. I tie them loosely and slip them on and off. I HATE tying and untying my shoes. What a waste of time.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Mentally/emotionally: yes. Physically: nope. You might kick my ass in a fight, but I won’t give up, either.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Vanilla, coffee heath bar crunch, salted caramel from BiRite, ice cream from Ici. I like ice cream.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? The face. I want to get a read on you. Are you an honest person? Are you charismatic? Are you up front?
15. RED OR PINK? Red. Because pink is just a watered down red…and because pink makes my face even pinker. And I hate how pink my face gets.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My random insecurity and random spiking anxiety/worrying. I think I could be a LOT more fun and effective if I quit worrying, and totally eliminated the random moments of insecurity.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? If I said G*d as the answer, how dark do you think I’d be perceived? But that’s not my answer. I don’t really miss anyone. Everyone I want around me, is around me.
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? denim colored pants (because they’re jeans). no shoes in the house.
19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? A square of chocolate. Mrmm.
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The closing credits to “National Lampoon’s European Vacation”
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Midnight blue.
22. FAVORITE SMELLS? Lavender. Tuberose. French fries.
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My hubby.
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? None. N.o.n.e.
25. HAIR COLOR? Dark brown. With red streaks.
26. EYE COLOR? Brown. They turn amber in the light.
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes.
28. FAVORITE FOOD? ohdear. Too many to list. Korean food (galbi jjim (braised short ribs), braised eggplant, kimchi, jiajiang myun, various soups)…and then seared foie gras, and a kazillion baked goods. Oh, and french fries.
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings! Duh.
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Ohdear. National Lampoon’s European Vacation.
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Black, with a big white bunny on it.
32. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter!!!!
33. HUGS OR KISSES? Depends on who you are.
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Surprise me. I’ll eat most anything sweet.
35. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? I think I’m reading five, simultaneously. And I can’t remember a single title right now! Har.
36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don’t have a mouse pad–laptop, baby!
37. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T. V. LAST NIGHT? “Grey’s Anatomy”
38. FAVORITE SOUND? The sound of a stream, or gentle waves from the ocean.
39. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Neither. Gah.
40. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Korea, I guess. But that’s sort of a home because it’s my mother country. So maybe…Brazil?
41. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Huhuhuhuhhhh. He said “special talent.” That’s for ME to know and you to never find out!
42. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? New York City!
I tag everyone!