From A Delicate Balance:
1. Who was your first prom date? I didn’t go to prom! Ha.
2. Do you still talk to your first love? No.Way. I talk to almost all my other exes. But NOT him.
3. What was your first alcoholic drink? Before college: a glass of white zinfandel. My dad wanted me to have my first alcoholic drink with him and to understand what it felt like to drink, so he and I sipped white zinfandel all evening one evening. (Of course, the next day I woke up with a bad hangover and he hollered, “LET’S GO TO BOB’S BIG BOY FOR BREAKFAST!”).
Post 21: a long island iced tea. Three guys took me out for my first drink in a bar (my boyfriend at the time was not 21), and an infamous cyberhacker security dude bought me a long island iced tea. He had a wicked smile on his face. I took one sip and was like, “What _is_ this?”
4. What was your first job? Resident Advisor in the college dorms.
5. What was your first car? White 1990 Honda Accord. With red interior.
6. Who was the first person to text you today? No one texted me today. I think I get maaaaybe one text a month, unless I’m trying to meet up with someone and then maybe there’s a mad flurry of texting.
7. Who is the first person you thought of this morning? I have to remember that? I don’t know. It’s either my husband or the main character of my novel.
8. Who was your first grade teacher? I’m horrified–I don’t remember, though I remember all my other teachers clearly. Was it Mrs. Humble? (Yah, I know cool name).
9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? Moving to California from New York. TWA. I hated airplane food even then. I remember thinking, “Why does a strawberry on a plane NOT taste like a strawberry?!”
10. Who was your first best friend, and are you still friends with him/her? I’m sure had one or two in nursery school, but I don’t even remember them. My first best friend was Raymond and he was my best friend from first grade through sixth grade. We don’t talk all the time, but we are in touch–he was a groomsman in my wedding!
11. What was your first sport played? Dude. I suck at sports.
12. Where was your first sleepover? I wasn’t allowed to do sleepovers. I think my first sleepover was in college, and by that age and in that context, I wouldn’t have called it a “sleepover.”
13. Who was the first person you talked to today? My husband. You know–the whole what’s happening today, our new thoughts on yesterday, etc., etc.
14. Whose wedding were you in the first time? Amy’s. I was a bridesmaid.
15. What was the first thing you did this morning? Checked my email, of course! (After taking the dogs out to pee).
16. What was the first concert you ever went to? Erasure!
17. What was your first tattoo or piercing? No tattoo, now or ever. Piercing: ears in middle school.
18. What was the first foreign country you went to? Korea.
19. What was your first run-in with the law? I’m a goodie two-shoes. I don’t have run-ins with the law, even though I am fairly wary of “the law” and its human elements.
20. When was your first detention? I never had detention. See #19. I am a goody two-shoes.
21. What was the first state you lived in? New York!
22. Who was the first person to break your heart? Jim. We are still friends, both happily married (not to each other). Happy endings!
23. Who was your first roommate? College, freshman year. Mia! We are still good friends.
24. Where did you go on your first limo ride? My friend Sarah’s bachelorette party! I got drunk immediately, and that’s when one of the eight women in the car pointed to me and said, “Oh! YOU’RE that friend who’s a lot of fun after two drinks!”