I have the doldrums. I feel like total doo-doo. I feel discouraged. I feel fat. Hell, I am gaining weight, so it’s more than a feeling. I’m not writing like I should.
These days, I feel like all my energy stems towards work, and then recuperation from work. Not so good! I end up beat down, and depressed. That is so sucky. I have to change that shit up.
Of course, I’m beating myself down for lack of achievement, instead of encouraging myself to DO SOMETHING about it. Or, in the words of a blog I discovered today, Do Better.
I am going to channel some towards myself, towards the things that make me FEEL better: writing and fitness.
So I think I too, will post my progress here on a weekly basis.
My fitness goals will initially be to:
- Run at least one mile
a dayfour days a week. (I will increase this as I get more fit)
- Start doing sit-ups/core exercises again.
- Stop eating by 7pm.
- No dietary restrictions, but stop eating when I’m no longer hungry (really, so sad that I have to make this a goal but so true).
- Drink water.
- Keep chocolate to a little bite a day.
My writing goals will be to:
- Write something everyday, even if it is in a blog post or a diary (really, so sad that my writing output has diminished such that I don’t write everyday, but it is so true and should not be so true).
- Read. A book every two weeks?
- On my weekly day off, set aside at least 4 hours of the day to spend exclusively on writing.
So in addition to my general blog posts, I’ll be updating you on a weekly basis of my progress. You, my dear readers and friends, will be my coach.
BTW, the picture up there has nothing to do with the blog post….except maybe the idea of running in Green Park in London (I really did have that idea while in London last week–but rapidly tossed it aside). I just wanted to use that image in my blog before it became ENTIRELY irrelevant.