Just thought I’d share…
- Have you read the Granta series on fathers? (The one where Famous Writers write brief memoirs/potraits of their fathers). I love the series. There are particular ones that stand out to me, whether because I know the writers “in real life” or because they strike an emotional chord in me. Like Jim Shepard’s potrait, or most recently Alex Chee’s. They make me cry complicated tears–a mingling of joy, regret, love, sadness, and celebration.
- Cool tshirts, including one called “Noah’s Dilemma” that cracks me up. It comes in women’s sizes. Many of the tshirts do not come in women’s sizes. The “They’re Fake” tshirt does come in women’s sizes, but also men’s sizes. Kim Jong-Il Facebook is only for men, I guess. The “I’ve Almost Finished My Screnplay” tshirt also only comes in men’s sizes. What? Women don’t write screenplays? I wish they wrote one about still writing a novel. And if they do, I hope they offer it in women’s sizes. Because women write novels.
- I WANT these recycled bottle glasses on etsy. What do these glasses have to do with writing? I’d sit them on my desk and fill them with pens…and drink out of them while writing. I want I want I want! Especially the Boylan’s ones.
- Yesterday was Query Fail Day on twitter. Egads. Horrifying. As a fiction editor, I’d never do that to the submission pieces. It’s one thing to do a blog post about what works and what doesn’t work, it’s another to live-blog your rejections. Good for you, Nathan Bransford, for standing up to it. And yes, it’s like when the cool kids pick on the other kids.
- I’m on twitter.
- Tayari Jones posts the beautiful things that are happening to her blog readers, and I think that makes her even more beautiful to me.