I stopped rereading Haruki Murakami’s Wind Up Bird Chronicle because my novel began to sound oddly like Murakami and that terrified me. So–hands off any Murakami until I’m done with the draft. However! I’ve cut back on the TV, and increased my writing and reading. In the month of July to date (and mind you, we’re not done with July yet!) I’ve read FIVE books (books #7-11 on my book list): 13 Ways Of Looking At The Novel, Farm City, Long Road Home, Autobiography of a Face, and Lullaby.
It’s been a deep pleasure to read.
The novel. (What else is new).
Still happy that it’s summer and TV season is over. But I have been watching the Tour de France on fast forward. And I did go to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince–it was FANTASTIC! I think it’s the BEST Harry Potter movie to date.
Fruit. Mrmmmm summer fruit.
Still laughing like a pervert at the phrase.
Just the occasional salad out or a burrito. Ate a yummy biscuit and waffle from the Little Skillet in San Francisco. I’ve been watching what I eat these days.
Nothing exciting (sorry)–summer is all about the fresh fruit! Although–I will be making homemade malted milk ball ice cream this weekend.
- Keeping up my exercise regimen. I’m up to 2.5 miles running nonstop. It feels GOOD.
- Side benefit to running: I dared to measure my waist and I’ve lost 2 inches. Yay! Watching my dad’s health deteriorate is making me more diligent about my own health.
- 3 litmag rejections.
- Watching the vegetable garden sprawl. Still eating lettuce from the veggie garden. Waiting on the green tomatoes. Harvested a few potatoes. Hand pollinating squash.
- Baby desire has dissipated for the time being.
- Braved a heat wave. Welcoming the fog.
- Residency apps! Dare I apply to ones without internet? I shall.
- Writing my syllabus for my Fall class.
- Went on a fantastic awesome super road trip in June (which you know about, if you’re a regular reader of the blog).
- Remembered the name of the celebrity we spotted over a year ago in L.A. stepping into a Maserati w/ two hot chicks. WHO WAS IT?! We just realized tonight: James Woods.
- Saw a brilliant awesome double rainbow over Berkeley two weeks ago.
- Tea with Bloglily–why don’t I meet up with friends more often?!
- Traded in 24 old MAC cosmetic cases (man, I am a makeup whore) and exchanged them for 4 free things (2 lipsticks & 2 eyeshadows).